We are hiring! We have a vacancy for a new swimming head coach. Please forward to anyone who you think would be good for the role and ask them to apply. If you would like to recommend anyone please contact Lesley Davies.
Would you like to coach some of the top masters swimmers in the country? Would you like to be part of one of the biggest and oldest masters swimming clubs in the UK, which in 2019 celebrates its 150th anniversary? If so, Otter Swimming Club would like to hear from you about its Head Coach (Swimming) role.
Otter has a diverse and active membership of around 200 swimmers based in central London. We have members from across all age groups, from 18 to 80+. We cater for a wide range of swimming abilities, from national masters title holders, to British, European and World record holders, through to multi-sport athletes, and our fitness swimmers. Our Head Coach must be able to cater for all these levels, putting in place a programme that will prepare our competitive swimmers to peak for key national and international meets, whilst also setting sessions which accommodate our less regular and/or more recreational swimmers.
We are looking for a Head Coach to be engaged on a self-employed basis to lead and develop a small coaching team, and who will be responsible for enabling our swimmers to achieve their potential in line with their personal goals. The Club has a number of sessions across eight central London pools. It is anticipated that you will coach for up to 10 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- hold at least the ASA (now Swim England) Level 3 coaching qualification (or equivalent) [desirable]
- have good technical knowledge and relevant experience of coaching competitive swimming [essential]
- have excellent communication skills [essential]
- be skills focused, sharing technical knowledge through one-to-one and collective feedback and instruction [essential]
- have good time management, organisation and administration skills [essential]
- be able to implement an annual programme which caters for all club members, ensuring our competitive swimmers peak at key national and international events, and also providing relevant training for our fitness and multi-sport members [essential]
- set challenging, yet achievable sessions which accommodate swimmers of all abilities [essential]
- be able to attend long course and short course masters championships, along with the possibility of attending other meets and training camps [essential]
- lead, develop and motivate a small team of coaches, ensuring that the team provides a high quality coaching service for all Otter’s members [essential]
- be accountable to the Club Captains and Committee for developing a relevant training programme [essential]
The Club offers a competitive rate of pay commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience. Please note that candidates who apply and meet the above criteria will be invited to an interview as soon as possible as there is an immediate position to fill.
To apply, please submit your CV, including two references (3 pages max), and cover letter (2 pages max) explaining how you meet the above criteria to Lesley Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline for applications: noon, Monday 11 June 2018.
Please also contact Lesley by email if you would like an informal chat about the role.